Adopting a mindset of continuous improvement, Benson has committed to sustainability by investing $2 million over the past few years in the most advanced green equipment, technology and materials:
Advanced Thinking About Sustainable Equipment and Technology
HP Indigo – Paper Products
- Digital printing eliminates use of aluminum printing plates and developing chemicals.
- Digital technology reduces make-ready paper usage from an average of 300 sheets to one for every project.
- Reduces, captures and controls print emissions.
- Ink formulation reduces VOCs and ink usage.
- Reduced imaging oil consumption with on-press recycling system.
- Press parts and cartridges are recyclable and made of recycled materials.
HP Scitex – Temporary Signs
Uses low solvent inks.
HP Latex – Wall Murals, Wraps and Windows
- Water-based HP Latex inks are UL ECOLOGO®, UL GREENGUARD Gold Certified and meet AgBB criteria. They are non-flammable and non-combustible and are nickel free.
- Prints using HP-PVC-free wall paper, meeting AgBB criteria for health-related evaluation of VOC emissions of indoor building products.
- Can accommodate recycled and recyclable substrates.
- Last year, over 20,000 lbs. of acrylic and aluminum combined were recycled.
- LED lighting significantly reduces maintenance, energy use and heat emission without the use of toxic chemicals.
Making the Industry’s Most Sustainable Products
- Water-based latex inks meet stringent indoor air quality criteria.
- Digital printing utilizes concentrated inks with low emissions and less ink required per print.
- Wide range of paper and substrate options to meet FSC, SFI and recycled content requirements.
- Printing substrates used with Latex meet AgBB criteria.
- All waste paper is recycled facility-wide.
- Sign paints and coatings meet environmental regulatory standards and are VOC compliant.
Delivering Sustainability From Start to Finish
- Last year, the Benson Bundle program eliminated almost 40,000 packages saving over 4,000 gallons of fuel. In addition, this initiative eliminated approximately 46,000 lbs. of packaging material from turning into landfill waste.
- Our shipping partner, UPS, has reduced the amount of fuel used for delivery to 0.12 gallons per package, reducing carbon emissions.
- All shipments are bundled together to save money and contribute to the environment.
Whole Facility Recycling
Download BGreen PDF
- Benson maintains and regularly evaluates a facility-wide sustainability program to reduce energy consumption, reduce use of materials, and recycle. Look for the BGREEN logo throughout our facility to see where we are thinking, making and delivering sustainable solutions for our clients.